QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
Quality Assurance Manager Job Description
Mazza Innovation Ltd.
QA Manager Job Purpose:
The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for developing, updating, implementing and
monitoring quality assurance systems and programs to control and assure the safety, quality
and security of food ingredients produced at Mazza Innovation. QA Manager role includes,
compliance management (NNHPD, GMP, FDA, Organic, Kosher, CFIA) and overseeing that all
products/ raw materials meet specifications for identity, purity, quality, strength and composition.
● Achieve quality assurance operational objectives by contributing to strategic planning,
implementing new quality processes in production, meeting customer and quality
standards, identifying and resolving problems; completing audits; determining system
improvements and implementing change
● Oversee and ensure compliance with all third party and regulatory requirements; stay
abreast of regulatory changes and how it affects the business
● Lead by example on the production floor; working with production and technical staff to
determine training needs and process improvements.
● Validate quality processes by establishing product specifications and quality attributes;
measuring production; documenting evidence; determining operational and performance
qualification; writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
● Manage product complaints or non-conformances; quickly and thoroughly investigate
process failure, determine the root cause and take prompt corrective actions.
Required Skills and Experience
● A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Analytical Chemistry, Organic
Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or equivalent.
● Completion of HACCP or other food safety training
● Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices, CFIA food safety programs, ISO
● Supervisory experience with strong leadership and problem-solving skills
● Experience in writing and implementing SOPs
● Must possess strong problem solving, organizational, and documentation skills with a
focus on details and results.
● Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
● Must be able to function in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
● Strong oral and written communication skills including the ability to write concise
● Proven, strong time management skills.
● Adept at Excel, Microsoft Word, and other computer software.
● Results oriented, able to work as part of a functional team.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.